Saturday, August 28, 2010

YOU CAN'T GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING...PEOPLE THINK!!!!

Another email came into my author account.
Big sigh...
A victim of this scam...AND IT IS A SCAM. It has nothing to do with my Spanish publisher or me or my novel Lottery.

Patricia Wood Award Program
Corporate Office Madrid, Spain.
Reference: ES/99/82/70
Batch: No: PW/23/51/AP
Lucky No: 36/64/19/11
Dear: Beneficiary.
On behalf of Spanish Patricia Wood Awards Staffs wishes to congratulate you on your success as one of our four lucky winner of the online Award held on 1th
july 2010 in Spain. This makes you the proud owner of a prize of 350,000.00 Euros (Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand Euro) in cash. All 4 winning addresses
were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international email addresses and your email was among the first Four (4) lucky winners. Therefore you do
not need to buy ticket to enter for it. Your winnings will be issued to you as soon as our Spanish claims department verifies your winning after you might
have filled this payment processing form that is below.
(Fill and Send To the Assigned Claims Agent Via Email)
Full Name:
Age:
Occupation:
Address:
COUNTRY:
Phone No:
Mobile No:
Fax If Any:
Winning Email Address:
Assigned Claims Agent: Dr.Eduardo Pablo
E-mail:claims_unit11@hotmail.com
For More Info Call Tel: +34-622-646-594
Yours Sincerely
Spinazzola, Karen.
{Online coordinator}



DON'T BE SUCKED IN!!! I have received several emails from people chastising me for being a part of this and trust me...I AM NOT A PART OF THIS!

I'm hoping this blog post will come up on google when people research this BEFORE they send money.

LESSON HERE? If it seems to good to be true?
It is...

3 comments:

Andy Scontras said...

WOW!!!!! Congrats Pat!! You're buying.

ORION said...

LOL!!

Heidi Willis said...

People actually think you're involved in this??

I bet you had no idea when you titled the book how it would attract con artists! :)

(Oh - I applied for an MFA program this summer and did my entrance thesis on the point of view in Lottery. I got in. So thanks! )