Sunday, August 08, 2010

YIPPEE SKIPPEE ON MY WAY TO BREAD LOAF...

Back in May I found out I was accepted to the Bread Loaf Writers Conference and then I immediately damaged myself to celebrate (not really but that's the way it appeared...)
So then I've now gotten my workshop assignment (Jim Shephard) and received my fellow workshopper manuscripts (what are we called anyway??? Not sure.)
AND
I have packed necessary items like my Kindle, ipod, notebooks, mosquito repellent, rain poncho and a few clothes, gotten my boarding pass and am counting down the minutes before leaving for the airport.
So...
I will try to sneak off and post plaintive bulletins, cries for help, or effusive rantings so my pain and joy can be felt vicariously.
Isn't that what writers do anyway?

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

José Iriarte said...

G'luck!

Dawn Anon said...

luck, safe trip (or should i say safe travels!), and tons of fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

By now you are there and enjoying the fabulous Bread Loaf experience, and although I could make numerous bad jokes based on that theme (best thing since sliced bread, now you're toast, etc.) I shall refrain.
Zoroaster's Dog