Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR...AND OTHER FANTASIES

I am thankful for being able to hold a rum and coke under one arm and tequilla and lime in the other.



I am thankful for Girl Kitty's abject honesty about how she REALLY feels about the salability of a manuscript.


I am thankful when I can avoid stepping in Girl Kitty's abject honesty in the morning before I have my coffee.


I am thankful that the cool gray fish with the triangular fin that the kid on the snorkle boat was tossing hamburger to WASN'T interested in "the other white meat."



I am thankful that I see the light at the end of the tunnel when I finish a first draft.




And sunsets.
I am most definitely thankful for sunsets.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BLOGGERS!

What are you thankful for?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I iz thakfil for bing TOOLOOSE.
and cat fud

and can tunah.

Sarah Laurence said...

Ha! I’m thankful for posts like this one that made me laugh. I’m always thankful for a good book to read and for days when writing comes easily. Topping the list would be: family, friends and pets (when they behave, Tooloose and Girl Kitty!) My family would be thankful if I got off the computer. Happy Thanksgiving, Pat.

dan radke said...

Very nice on the drinks. During a party when I was 22, I fell down a 4ft hole with water in it. I had a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

Didn't spill the drink. And the cigarette was dry.

I did however break a rib. That I didn't notice until the next morning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

pierre l said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, from somewhat icy England.

BClark said...

That I have a family that loves me, quirks and all. That I have a home to wake up in, and that I do wake up. That most of my parts work. That I have hopes and desires and plans for the future. Of course I am thankful for blogger land where I meet an interesting blend.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Happy belated TG! I'm grateful for a zillion things. I will not let the yucky things bring me down.

K

Chris Eldin said...

I am thankful for stomach expansion and tylenol.
;-)

Happy Thanksgiving too!!

Unknown said...

I am incredibly thankful that Thanksgiving...and the awful traveling that accompanies it is o-v-e-r!

I am thankful for great SIL's who bring me yummy books to read!

I am thankful that I have discovered several new-to-me authors this year that have enriched my reading life abundantly.

I too am thankful for rum and coke, and tequila and limes! I've never tried to mix the two though...

And, I'm thankful for beautiful sunsets, and a little jealous that I may never see one over Hawaii again. Still, I'll settle for Oklahoma skies anytime.

Holly Kennedy said...

For my health and
my family's health.