Monday, August 06, 2007

PARTY AND BOOK TOUR - THE SHORT VERSION

NEWS BULLETIN JUST IN!!! Check out the NEW YORK MAGAZINE!!!!!!
60 something degrees (I was too disheartened to look) and 11 am here in Portland (8 am in Hawaii).
Here are a few selected photos of my LOTTERY bash.
The table was front and center. All the books were sold with some eager readers even snatching some of my own copies. I have to order more for myself!

This is Bob. Number one beta reader and all around fan. He manages the world famous Pizza Bob's restaurant in Haleiwa (the North Shore) which is transplanted to Washington State in my novel. This is called artistic license. He made this shirt up. Pizza from Pizza Bob's sustained us while we discussed my plot details and writing career. It still does - that thai shrimp pizza is ONO (delicious in Hawaiian).

Friends, neighbors and complete strangers appeared. We even accosted tourists coming off the snorkel and dolphin cruises.

Hey...all's fair in love and book sales.
And now out my window in the city of Roses!

Breakfast of Champions. If you are in the Pacific Northwest ORDER THE FRESH BERRIES...I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

The schedule for today?
Lunch with a faithful Portland beta reader. Radio interview in the evening.
And sleep.
Up to check Amazon and Barnes & Noble numbers.
And sleep.
Back up to check numbers.
More sleep.
Up one more time to check numbers...

17 comments:

Mindy Tarquini said...

Another day, another accolade.

*off to buy berries*

Lisa R said...

I'm so glad the party went well. I was so bummed our car died and we couldn't make it. I hope Portland treats you well. Have fun.

Gay said...

If Pat could have anything from San Diego she wanted, what would it be? (Assuming it would fit in a suitcase and assuming a blogpal could afford it). Just, er, wondering... in case said blogpal needs important information, like where to find the good stuff, like coffee. Pat must have scoped out the coffee on Maui. Right?

Mia King said...

Honey, I got your back - we are ALL checking your numbers and I am forever faithful that you . You just keep being Pat and I'll keep visualizing good things.

So glad to hear it is all a success and, more importantly, fun.

Enjoy Washington - I've got a hankering for some fresh berries now ...

Sarah Miller said...

I didn't check MY numbers at all yesterday -- aren't you proud?

But that doesn't mean I can't keep checking yours!

Kanani said...

That looks like it was a really fun day. I think to be able to share your success with others after so much hard work is the real payoff.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

OK, I have to say, the New York Magazine blurb MADE ME MAD!

Did this Mr. Paul Theroux NOT READ YOUR NOVEL? THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE BOOK EVEN?

He starts his review with: This novel about a mildly retarded man who wins the Washington State Lottery is no Forrest Gump ...

Perry L. Crandall is SOOO NOT RETARDED!

I'm fuming a little bit over here because of this!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Pat, congrats on another good review! Now, about that Hawaii/Washington pizza..... You gotta come back to Noo Yawk, OK? We know from pizza. No Thai shrimp. No pineapple (I'm crossing myself.) Cheese. Lotsa cheese. Maybe pepperoni if you're feeling exuberant.

ORION said...

Umm manic? The article was not BY Paul Theroux-- Paul is my mentor.
All in all it was a really good review. I'm very happy with it.
The reality?
Reviews don't really matter except them more the better. All I need is readers to read my book and I think they will be mine forever...
Mwa ha ha...

Anonymous said...

So.

And you are going to be in Canada, when??

Anissa said...

What a fun day! I'm sitting here in the heat wishing I was in Portland to join in on the fun. Have a wonderful time!

The Anti-Wife said...

Welcome back to the beautiful PNW. Where else can you get 60's and cloudy in the middle of August and have so many people smiling because of it?

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oops, my major Faux Pas here! So sorry! I just thought that it was politically incorrect to say Perry is retarded...

Apologies to Mr. Theroux, and why did I think he wrote the article?

Must stop mixing meds...

VERY SORRY!

ORION said...

Oh manic mom you are TOO funny!
I spewed coffee all over my keyboard!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I have been reading your wonderful book since Sunday, and I just love it! I work at one of the larger bookstore chains and I will be telling everyone to read it!
Congratulations on your success and good luck on future works!!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Coffee at 6:30 PM???

You'll never sleep! I say this as I have just downed a diet coke and it's 1:21 a.m. in Chicago and storming like a mo-fo...

I Can say Mo-Fo on here, can't I?

Anonymous said...

Patricia: It has been such fun watching your debut unfold. You're enthusiasm is as priceless as it is contagious. Enjoy everything!

Sarah Smiley