Thursday, January 04, 2007

MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE!

2 pm and 84 degrees.
My deal is now posted on Publishers Marketplace!
DEAL
Lots of you do not have a subscription. I will paste the deal here:

Debut Fiction:
Patricia Wood's LOTTERY, the story of a 32 year-old, mentally challenged man, whose life is forever changed when he wins 12 million dollars in the lottery, discovering who his true friends are and the deep reserve of his own abilities, to Peternelle Van Arsdale at Putnam, in a significant deal, at auction, by Dorian Karchmar at William Morris Agency (NA).
Rights sold previously to Jason Arthur and Susan Sandon at Heinemann in the UK; Arena in Holland; Keter in Israel; and Sonzogno in Italy, in pre-empts.



http://publishersmarketplace.com/deals/

Dan Lazar from writers house was nice enough to send an email congrats. Although he requested the full of Lottery he ultimately passed. He saw the posted deal. WHAT A GENTLEMAN!

Thanks to my extraordinary agent Dorian Karchmar from William Morris.
You Rock!

And all my blog buddies.
You guys rule!
Mahalo and Aloha

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted for you (and feel privileged to have recently had this same thrill myself)!

But alas, I ended my PM subscription and so can't view this...

I once got a very generous rejection from Dan Lazar--by all accounts he's a gem. But a gem who has missed a couple of good opportunities, judging by you and me!

I have a fab agent (and sounds like you do too) so for us at least it's "all's well that ends well."

Of course, the real test--the marketplace--is yet to come!

Liz Wolfe said...

Congratulations! And I agree about Dan Lazar. I queried himand he passed but sent my query to another agent he thought would like it and also suggested I send to a second agent. Nothing came of that, but I was impressed with him for doing it.

Anonymous said...

Saw your post on Miss Snark and came by to say congrats. I interviewed Dan L. for a freelance piece I did for Writers Digest and I thought he was a class act all the way.

Sharon Maas said...

Hmmm .. what's this thing with Dan Lazar? He passed on my full, too (he only read 100 pages of it) and then one of his colleagues took it on. He was a gentleman all the way - very quick with the reading, and not only gave me some great feedback, but sent his assistant's reader's report - most useful in getting it into shape for the agent who finally did take me on.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I don't know you but came across your blog via Miss S. Just wanted to say congrats. I'll look out for your book when it comes out in the UK as it sounds just the sort of thing that I'd like to read.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Patricia! I remember how thrilled I was to see my notice in PM. A friend emailed me to say congrats before I had read that day's edition. I almost fell off my chair.

Lots of happiness and success in 2007.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Another one hits the big time!

Anonymous said...

Man, you rock so much!!!!!

Maprilynne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

WAHOO! Nice, nice nice, significant! Congrats on seeing your hard work "bloom" like the ocean plants you adore. Lovely news. Can't wait to read the book and spread the word.

Bernita said...

Warmest congratulations, Pat.
And thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

Michelle said...

So cool on the Publisher's Lunch mention. I don't think either of my books were included in there. Not sure if I dropped the ball there or my publisher! :-)