Thursday, November 23, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

The Hawaiian Turkey Fish sometimes confused with the Hawaiian Lionfish. This is in reality most likely a Lionfish but what the heck. It's the same fish family. Close enough!

6:30 am and 75 degrees.
Things I am thankful for in my writerly life.

1. I am thankful for my family and friends who help me by believing in me.

2. I am thankful for my fabulous agent Dorian Karchmar who loves my novel as much as I do and is the epitome of the "dream agent. (Yes Miss Snark - they DO exist).

3. I am thankful for all my beta readers (you know who you are and each of you will get a mention in my book when it is published) - I will break the record for longest acknowledgments page ever.

4. I am thankful for my two amazing mentors: author Jacqueline Mitchard who drives me unmercifully during the Maui Writers Retreat and Conference and for the author Paul Theroux, who read my first manuscript and saw something there.

5. I am thankful for my horse Airborne without whom I would not have met Paul and Sheila Theroux and who has cemented our friendship in his horsy way.

6. I am thankful for all the teachers in my life who said that I could be a writer.

AND

7. I am thankful for coffee. Oh am I thankful for coffee...and cream...I am thankful for cream and sugar...and spoons and cups...

1 comment:

LadyBronco said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!