Friday, October 27, 2006

Here comes the sun...


7 am and 75 degrees. We were all talking about how much cooler it has been the last few days after our month of "Kona" weather and then I read a post about how it's snowing in Alaska...my bad.
My subject today is patience and how I have difficulty with it. I have discovered the publishing world grinds exceedingly slow so I am learning patience. I have been accused of being impetuous, hasty, speedy...well the list goes on. I am now learning patience with a vengeance. My agent is helping me tweak my novel. I love that word tweak - it's so innocuous. Much better than edit or re-write. Tweak. So cute.
We are tweaking.
And then.
My novel gets shopped.
And then.
Hopefully sold.
And then.
Tweaked again by an editor.
And then.
Hopefully published.
And then.
Hopefully in every Borders and B&N store.
And then.
Hopefully bought by mass quantities of readers.
And then.
We tweak novel number two.
And then...

No comments: